HSHLD® (High Sensitivity Helium Leak Detection)
ORS uses it’s HSHLD® Model 310 High Sensitivity Helium Leak Detection System to qualify your product to the latest, tighter leak rate requirements. HSHLD® testing is able to provide both the FINE and GROSS leak test data in a single test sequence. Devices are typically preconditioned in a pressurized chamber and, after the required conditions are met, the leak rate is measured and recorded.
- Helium Tracer Gas
- Pressurization range: 30-95 psia
- Minimum detection limit: <1 x 10-12 atm cc/sec He
- Measurement method: Batch Testing or Read and Record
- NY and CO Laboratories hold DLA Suitability for:
- Mil-Std 750 method 1071 condition H1, H2 and H3
- Mil-Std 883 method 1014 condition A1, A2 and A5
- Accurate R1 measurements verified by a 2 point linear calibration.
- No Flourocarbons Required
Helium hermeticity testing can be modified to suit the testing requirements of your device. We have assisted many clients in creating a custom leak test plan based on their needs.
Expanded Fine Leak for Other Gases and Compounds
Specialized leak testing is available for determining leak rates for gases other than helium. Leak rates of various gases (i.e. Argon, CO2, Acetic Acid, Ethylene Glycol, etc.) may be measured at low leak rates utilizing a specialized mass spectrometer tuned for the particular substance of interest. Applicable standards are normally available in a wide range of leak rates.